To put something back into the community we have created the ‘Go Fund’.
The Go Fund is aimed at small local deaf-led groups to apply for funds to help with local initiatives.
We have kept it as simple and as straight forward as possible.
Keeping it simple – Groups have to be:
- Based in Scotland
- Run by Deaf people for Deaf people
- Benefit ‘local’ groups/people
- Have a specific group bank account
Keeping it fair – What it is NOT for:
- Top up other funding
- Provide something that ‘should’ be provided (by yourselves or local authority/health board)
- Something that needs ‘on-going’ funding (membership, subscription etc)
The criteria for funding is wide and varied and there are no hard and fast rules – every request will be considered on its own.
Some examples of ‘good use’ of funds include:
- Printing of leaflets/flyers
- Buy a ‘roller stand’ (we can help with design)
- Paying for BSL/English Interpreting at a local meeting
- Buying fundraising items (T-shirts, mugs, pens etc)
- Hiring a hall for a special meeting (not regular meeting)
- Paying for BSL video to promote group
- Buy a Chromebook (laptop)
- Buy a camcorder
Please complete form: